Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 24 - August 4, 2014 - twenty reasons my mission is great

twenty? where I possibly have gotten that number from? who knows, because I'm DEFINITELY not that old. (yet...)

1. Every single day I get to talk to perfect strangers
2. I'm learning how to make snap decisions and just go with it.
3. Mexican food is pretty delicious.
4. TROPICAL FRUIT.
5. Electric storms. Apparently it's not normal for there to lightening pratically every day, but I think it's awesome.
6. Sometimes you get to live with your MTC companion for a week and reminisce about how fast the last five and half months have gone.
7. Cinthia bought me a cake for my birthday :) naturally, being the loving friend she is she told me to take a bite and then pushed my face into the end of it. 
8. I get to stay in Cacahoatan for another six weeks! Woot! We've been joking that I'm going to be here for my whole mission.
9. We have arcoleological ruins that I get to go past every single week.
10. people will give us food and insist that we take it with us.
11. The members here are really helpful - two young adults from the ward (Cesia y Cinthia) were my companions during the week.
12. When there are transfers, we get to travel in super comfy buses.
13. Chiapas is absolutely beautiful. 
14. The same rain that makes a road muddy enough to steal your shoe is also perfect for rinsing it off again.
15. I'm learning and growing in ways that I didn't know that I could/needed to
16. Spanish is fun. I'm getting to the point that I can make jokes! (and sometimes people even get them!)
17. I'm learning more about the organization of the Church - how it works, and how much trust the Lord gives His children to help each other learn and grow.
18. People wave out their car windows (hi, missionaries!) and we have no idea who they are, but we wave back (usually they're members who aren't in our ward).
19. i feel a connection to the scriptures and the people who wrote them stronger than ever before.
20. I have lots of people who love me back home. Thanks for the birthday wishes! 

Have a great week!
love,
Hermana Juliana