Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 25 - August 11, 2014 - New Companion for my birthday!

And we´re both from the US! It's kind of weird, but it's also way fun, seeing the beginning of the mission from someone else's eyes (foreign) eyes. Poor thing, she doesn't really like fish, and guess what we had, two days in a row - her first two days here in Cacahoatan :)

I know you're all dying to know what we did for my birthday - and like the subject says, I got a new companion! (That joke got old within the first 24 hours, but you hadn't seen it yet!) We were in the mission home and the other sisters who were receiving new companions made me a cake (see the second attached picture). Hermana Garcia drew a little slices on scraps of paper for of us as well. It was pretty fun. 


Here's what I've learned a lot about this week - we get to choose. How well we fulfill what we've been called to do, how we use our time, how diligent we are - we have control over what we do. We can creators of circumstances, not creatures of circumstances. We can't control other people, but we can control ourselves. I know that someday we'll account for what we've done with our time, and I want to use it the best I possibly can. How about you?

Have a great week! 
Hermana Juliana