Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 27 - August 25, 2014

A little boy was telling me how old he was this week but instead of saying years he was saying how many piñatas he had. He said he had four piñatas, and in September he was going to have five. He then asked me how many piñatas I had. I said 20. He stayed kind of stunned for a moment, but being a four year old he shook it off pretty fast and very curiously asked me here I kept them all. 

 Every day there are small moments - like a puppy running through the lesson or a rainbow when we walk out, or a four year wanting to know where I keep my piñatas, that just brighten up our day. And when we have an attitude of gratitude, we notice the little things and are strenghtened by them. When someone lends us an umbrella or gives us an extra slice of flan, I feel so blessed to be here. I know it takes more effort to see the good things sometime, but that effort is what makes the days fly by. 

I'm so grateful for the opportunities I have every day to meet new people and make new friends, and help someone learn more about the Gospel that has made me who I am. 

This week, look for the little things. They're there in every corner just waiting to be noticed. 

Love,
Hermana Juliana