Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 19 - June 30, 2014 - This one's for you, Dad.

Today for P-day we went hiking! If you want to check the all knowing Google, Cascadas El Aguila. I don't know if it will show up or not, but there you go. I know, Dad, I didn't wear long pants. It's only been drilled into me since I was a child, and I got bitten by bugs, but the hike itself was so worth it. It reminded me a lot of Eagle Creek, but without the cliffs. 

Miracle of the week: Cinthia's whole family came to church on Sunday!! It was awesome. We were running late, but we managed to catch up with them about a block away from the church and walk in with them. That family - we told them that everyone here offers us food and more food and more food, and then Hermana Guevara and Carlos, one of Cinthia's brothers, decided to see who could eat a GIANT bowl of pozol the fastest... Hermana Guevara won, just so you know.

It continues to rain every day, which is nice because it makes it so the morning heat calms down. 

I just read an email from a friend that asked, My joy is full, is yours? I can answer with a resounding YES!! I love what I am doing - I love sharing what I know is true with anyone and everyone. This week, something that impacted me was this: not everyone knows that they are a child of God. If you don't know it, if you don't believe it, ask Him. He'll let you know. I trust that promise more than anything. And as His child, you are entitled to happiness and all the blessings that He has in store for you. Ask Him for them, and be patient, and faithful. 

Have a lovely week, and remember who you are.