Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 18 - June 23, 2014 - Staying here!

I get to stay in Cacahoatan for another six weeks!! Woohoo! I am really loving being here. The rain, the people, the food (I think I'm gaining weight - little by little the sisters are helping my stomach grow, I think they are afraid we don't eat anything else in the day. They're super sweet.) 

Yesterday we had a special musical number, and it was amazing. The first two verses of Nearer My God to Thee there was only one voice per line. The third, four. The fourth, the ten of us that were singing the first verses line by line, and the fifth, the whole congregation. The Spirit hit us like a wall, it was incredible. I don't want to ever have to leave Cacahoatan, because I love looking around me and knowing the members and knowing that I love the members here. 
The young women and the missionaries :)

Also, the story in the Book of Mormon that talks about the vision of the tree of life? There's a carving of it about 30 minutes from where I live. It was an adventure getting there - we loaded onto a public transport truck that we hadn't used before (but they told us passed by there) and went on an adventure. Then we got soaking wet, then we took pictures :) It was very fun.

As Sister Bagley always said - the Church is true, go be awesome. The Gospel helps us to make everything we do even better. 

Love,
Hermana Juliana