Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 10 - April 28, 2014

First of all:

Woot Isabel! The picture was awesome, too, I'm sure it looked even more impressive in real life. Oh, also for Isabel - my companion just saw our family picture and said the two of us look a lot alike. 

Next transfer is may 12 - we're kind of figuring that my companion is going to be transferred because she's been here for 6 months, but I'm hoping not. We've gotten to be really good friends and we're working really well together. 

Nope, we don't teach any English classes, and we don't actually knock doors. We do street contact though, and depending on how many people aren't home or how long the street contacts want to talk with us, we spend a good amount of time contacting. People here are really open - give them the chance and they'll tell you their life's story on the street corner. It's pretty cool, and it's even cooler when they accept a visit from us, which happens slightly less often. 

How far we walk... I don't know, pretty far. I ought to get a pedometer, because I personally would also like to know how far we walk in a day. (Although Dad, you telling me I would lose weight is NOT true, because the sisters here feed us until we're bursting with deliciousness)

If used to the heat is supposed to mean that I don't sweat anymore, nope! (Did you know that chins can sweat? I didn't. it's one of the those things I didn't really need to know, to be honest). I think I'm more acclimatized then before, because it doesn't make me quite as tired. I've been told that it cools off a little bit in may because the rainy season starts. 

Spiritual experience and friendships in the ward go hand in hand - a counselor in the bishopric is a doctor, and my companion has been sick this week and she finally conceded to go to the doctor on Friday. It was really lovely because after he gave her a prescription we had a lesson with their family. We joked around and I really felt like I was with family, and the Spirit was also there in that living room. I'm going to take pictures with them, because they take really good care of us. 

Dad, your other questions will have to wait. Better yet, send them to me again next week so I don't forget what they were.

Anthony, have fun and be safe in San Diego

Mom, enjoy women's conference. I know it'll be weird without a Fofy in Provo, but go to Slab pizza for me. 

I love you! The Church is true. Go share it with someone, have a family home evening with the missionaries and a friend. They'll be over the moon. 

Hermana Juliana