Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 8 - April 14, 2014

I don't have a whole list of questions to answer! What to do, what to do?

I guess I'll have to think of something to write on my own... (Thank you for the recipe and the picture, by the way).

This week was exciting because I realized my 30 days of temporary visa were almost up. Fortunately, the mission president came to a training we had instead of a district meeting, and I ended up going with my companion to Tuxtla Gutierrez that same day, the next morning signing a couple of things and then coming back the next day. Eg. 11 hours traveling for 30 minutes in immigration. But now they can't kick me out until the end of my mission, so that's happy. Plus, the scenery on the way there and back is completely stunning. 

Let's see... anecdotes... The other sisters have bought their furniture, which means we have spent our last night sharing an apartment with 4 sisters. I think for the rest of the email, I'll send some pictures that Dad asked me for, of where I live, and then some of what it looks like around here!

Something that made me smile this week: as part of our training, we're supposed to spend some time learning about how to use familysearch, as a tool with investigators as well as new members to get them involved. I was poking around in our family tree, and saw that there was something uploaded for Gramps. It's a really great photo of him with a fishing pole, standing in a river grinning. I got really excited and showed it to my companion and would have showed it to more people if there had been more people around. I hope Gramps is doing well, tell him I miss him!

Also, say hello to the Gonzalez family for me! I was thinking about them the other day. I hope they're doing well.

Much love,

Hermana Juliana