Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 11 - May 5, 2014

The Easter bunny detoured down to Mexico for me, which I very much appreciate, and I also really appreciate the note he agreed to bring. The chocolate probably wasn't terribly melted when it arrived, but from the district meeting to back to our area the transit is fairly warm, so those eggs went into the fridge right away. 

Next order of business: Dad said this week I need to tell you more about the people we are teaching.
We're teaching a lovely young woman named Cinthia, she's 20 years old and is basically LDS but hasn't been baptized yet. She comes with us to lessons and this girl has one strong testimony. She's reading the scriptures with her mom and two younger brothers, and constantly inviting them to church. She wants to wait to be baptized until June though. 

This week, we're praying that Luisa will be baptized on Saturday. Her kids are all members, and she's been visited by various sets of missionaries. She's been through a lot, and I think baptism and especially receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost will really help her. So we're going to teach her more about the blessings we receive with the gift of the Holy Ghost. 

Mom, you'll like this story: today for P-day we learned to make tamales! I took good notes and lots of pictures so I can (hopefully) repeat the feat in the US, because well, tamales are delicious.