Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 22 - July 21, 2014 - Christmas in July

I don't really have a story to go with the title, it just seemed appropriate considering it's July and all, and every day I get to share with people what I believe about the person who's birth we celebrate in December. 

Anyway, this past week I hit the 5 month mark - yes mom, I'm trying to figure out where the time went too. The scary thing is this month it'll be six months, which is a third (!!!!) of the time I'll be here. I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and I'm excited because in the next year I'll get to grow and learn even more. 

This week something fun we ate: I tried chamoyada, which is icecream with chamoy (it's a sauce I don't really know how to describe) sprinkles and chile. They put chile on everything. It was quite delicious. I spent a day with Cinthia as my companion because Sister Rodriguez went to the mission home six hours away in Tuxtla to finalize her visa, and she showed me where to buy said deliciousness.

I love this work - and I'm learning to love it more and more every day.

Have a great week, and remember, we remember Christ all year round, so it might as well be Christmas in July. 

Hermana Juliana

Picture #1 : I found my home. After my mission, I'm going to search for this Island and live there permanently. (A family in the ward have a beautiful home with super awesome murals)

Picture #2: Sister Oliver! Happy companions-in-the-MTC-now-serving-in-the-same-ward-reunion, with a pretty background