Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 21 - July 14, 2014 - Lots of news this week

And by news, I mean new things. First and foremost, I have a new companion. Who is also new to the mission, which means I am training. The best part, she´s from Ecuador! (Santa Elena for those who care to google/know where it is). It's fun talking about places we've both been to and foods we both miss. 

In news-news, my good friend Sam left on his misson to Tijuana this last week. (in the picture, we had run up to the chapel to say bye in the rain, all of the members just laughed at us) I'm working on thinking of better stories, but really, one of the most exciting things about being a missonary is being able to see people get excited about sharing the Gospel and get excited about learning more about it.

For Dad: Something that made me smile this week was playing Book of Mormon charades with other missionaries while we waited for our interviews with the mission president. The Elders started to get really into it, it was pretty funny.

Speaking of the conference with the new mission president and his wife, when Sister George arrived one of the elders got our whole zone to sing Más Cerca Dios de Ti. We started right as she walked in and when we finished went to greet her - we made her cry, but I think they were happy tears. 

I didn't eat anything weird this week, sorry to disappoint.

Well, that's all for today, but enjoy the little things, and make life what you want it to be. There is one thing you have complete and total control over, and that's YOU. 

Lots of love,
Hermana Juliana