Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 39 - November 17, 2014 - The email I just got that made my week.

'Great news!  The area is progressing great here, we currently have 10 investigators with baptismal dates.  Noel and Lupita have a baptismal date for Novemeber 29th and Hermano Jorge will baptize them.  Victor Lopez also has a date for the 29th and his brother Carlos will baptize him, I am so excited for them!  Leyli and her girls accepted baptismal dates and Romina did as well, Guadeloupe and Gonzalo too (don't worry I will send lots of pictures).'

This came from Hermana Peine. I know all of these people, and they are families that I love. I can´t even express how incredible this news is. The connections we make are eternal and I CAN'T WAIT to see these people again. It's just a matter of time before they'll be here in Tuxtla coming to the temple, too. The Lord loves us. He lets us know and love so many people, because He knows it's what we need.

In news about me, I have another new companion. Her name is Hermana Van Valkenberg, (also known as Hermana Van) from South Jordan Utah. She's hilarious, and can sing like an angel, and smart as a whip. 

I love being a missionary. It fills me up like nothing else on the planet can.

Have a wonderful week. Mine started out on the best note it possibly can. 

Hermana Juliana

P.D. The young woman in the middle has been going to church for years and was taught by just about everyone in the mission  (ok, but not quite, but all of the elders who passed through her town before she moved to Tuxtla) including Elder Peterson, the obviously American elder. The monday I arrived she told us, yeah, I'm ready to take that step. She's just darling. And her mom always gives us candy :)