Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 13 - May 19, 2014 - A new companion, a rainy day, and a baptism



There's the new companion and the proof of the rain, hopefully you'll believe me about the baptism :) In the afternoons it starts to rain really really hard, with wind so the rain comes at us sideways. We had to get to an appointment on the main street, and we were running up the sidewalk with the rain coming at us getting soaked and laughing while everyone sheltering themselves in the shops along the side looked at us like we were crazy. 

Dad: something that made me smile this week was the sheer quantity of avocados that we were given. Ok, they were three, but one of them is huge. It has the shape of a squash, with an elongated neck, rather than an avocado. Avocados, mangos, rambutan (which I have yet to try but the season is about to start and I've been promised great things) - this is the promised land all right. 

The baptism:

Tiaré and Eduardo have slightly similar situations, because they are nine years old and their families are inactive members. They both have LOADS of family members that live here in Cacahoatan, so the baptism was extremely well attended. We invited one of each of their aunts to bear their testimonies. It was a really sweet experience, the whole thing. They're both super sweet kids. It's going to be really hard to leave this area when I do eventually have to leave.  (BTW the matching colors was on purpose).

This week has been really good, I've learned a lot, including things I've learned I still need to learn, such as patience with myself. But hey, I'm getting there. I've been reading in 1 Nephi, and noticing that Nephi has a particular theme that I really love: there is nothing impossible for our Father in Heaven. As we trust Him enough to do what He instructs us to do, He gives us every needful thing. 

I love you! 
Hermana Juliana