Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 36 - October 27, 2014 - Lots of news.

New companion, new area, new city... Which is actually a CITY. It's kind of startling. Here we go new place. My area is Terran, in Tuxtla Gutierrez, and I really don't know anything about it. I started my mission six hours from the mission home and have been there for seven months, so I really have no idea what there is here. 

This week was a bit odd - we had a few really excellent lessons, a few really strange lessons, got rained on a lot, Ana got baptized, a few people hid from us (while it was raining - it was pretty funny. We knocked on the door, they opened it, and the next thing we knew after walking away for a minute the door was closed and the lights were off). 

I was thoroughly amused by a comparison Hermana Peine made last night when they told us the transfers. She, being from a small city in Utah, popped her bubble in a big way moving to Utah. She called my transfer from Cacahoatan to Tuxtla 'moving from Leeds to Mexico'. I'll let you know in a week how right she is. 

So, there you go family and friends. I'm in Tuxtla, ready for an adventure. One of my favorite quotes is there's no comfort in a growing zone and no growing in a comfort zone. Seems about right to me. 

Love,
Hermana Juliana

1. Cacahoatán relief Society! 
2 :( bye Hermana Peine!