Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 44 - December 22nd - The very best time of year

To quote a friend, I thought Christmas was months away. And then I blinked. 

This week was our Christmas activity with the zone and as such, I need to thank the Activity day girls in the Hedges Creek ward, because they inspired us to make the dresses that we gave to our zone as part of the activity. (Hermana C was sick on Tuesday so we entertained ourselves nicely with folding and decorating). 

As part of the activity, we had a variety show - Hermana Coronado and I ended up on stage a few more times then planned. We presented how to make the paper dresses, sang with the elders in our ward (it was goofy. Expect no appearances on Mexico's got talent from us) and did a sketch with the assistances about the differences between Elders and Sisters. 

It was a lovely day full of laughter and cheer and Christmas joy for all to hear. And after the tostadas for lunch, it culminated in going to the temple. That was the best part. No where else is anything like it. 

I love the lights at this time of year. I love the togetherness at this time of year. I love that of everything I could be doing around now, I get to talk to people about my Savior every day. What better way to celebrate His birth than invite others to come to know Him? 

Have an even lovelier week than normal. Know that I love where I am, what I'm doing, and I love how much I see the Lord's influence in my life every single day. He always helps us do what we need to do, even when what we're expecting when we follow those impressions is different from the result. 

I love my Savior. I love His Gospel, and I love being a missionary. 
Hermana Juliana